P. A. Hertsen Moscow Oncology Research Center - branch of FSBI NMRRC of the Ministry of Health of Russia is the leading research institute of oncology of the country, the head one on the problem of “Malignant neoplasms” in the Russian Federation. Laboratories and departments of Institute constantly maintain extensive international scientific contacts with oncologists United States, Britain, Italy, India, Austria, Switzerland and others. The Institute has modern scientific-experimental and clinical base, modern equipment, allowing to carry out endoscopic, ultrasound, radioisotope, X-ray diagnosis of neoplasms, including X-ray tomography. The Institute has 996 employees, 174 of them are scientists. Over the years, more than 100 doctoral and 408 master's theses have been defended at the Institute.
Clinical Foundation of FSBI P. A. Hertsen Moscow Oncology Research Center - 404 beds. Inpatient treatment facilities annually receive nearly 10,000 patients. Additionally, on an outpatient basis, radiation and drug therapy is conducted in almost 1,800 patients. There are performed more than 9,000 operations. Scientific advisory department receives more than 45,000 patients a year.
Structure of the Institute:
The main scientific directions.
P. A. Hertsen Moscow Oncology Research Center - branch of FSBI NMRRC of the Ministry of Health of Russia is a pioneer in the development of organ, combined and complex treatment of patients with malignant tumors. Conservative treatments are based on developments to determine the individual susceptibility of tumors to anticancer drugs and ionizing radiation. The institute hosts the Russian Center for the treatment of chronic pain, Russian Republican Center of the physical methods for treatment, performs clinical testing of new drugs (antitumor, analgesic, etc.) and of medical equipment.
The main directions of scientific research institute focus on the development of the diagnosis, the treatment of malignant tumors, experimental studies, and the organization of cancer control.
In accordance with the directions the institute developed the following programs:
- Diagnosis of malignant tumors.
- Morphological diagnosis of predicted and early forms of cancer.
- Development and improvement of classification of malignant tumors of the major sites.
- Methods for early detection of tumors in various organs and systems, identification of the degree of tumor spread and differential diagnosis (X-ray, ultrasound, radioisotope, endoscopy, computed tomography, immunomorphological etc.).
- Treatment of malignant tumors.
- Development of new methods of anesthesia during prolonged and extensive oncologic operations.
Development of new surgical techniques:
- Organ-sparing, function-sparing surgery;
- Microsurgical constructive surgery and surgical rehabilitation;
- Creation and application of prostheses to restore respiratory and voice function of the larynx; use of physical impacts (laser scalpel, ultrasound, etc.);
- Endoscopic surgery;
- Photodynamic therapy.
Improving the combined and complex treatment:
- Preoperative chemotherapy and radiotherapy;
- Intraoperative radiation therapy;
- Postoperative chemotherapy and radiotherapy;
- Chemotherapy based on individual sensitivity of the tumor to chemotherapy drugs.
Improving drug tumor therapy:
- Clinical testing of new drugs;
- Development of effective schemes of chemotherapy;
- Creating new formulations of long-acting anticancer drugs and detoxification therapy;
- Development of ambulatory chemotherapy programs.
Improving radiation therapy:
- Development of non-conventional dose fractionation schemes;
- Use of radio and radiation protectors;
- Improving techniques of intracavitary radiation therapy.
List of doctors (work schedule, office hours)
http://www.mnioi.ru/- website of P. A. Hertsen Moscow Oncology Research Center - branch of FSBI NMRRC of the Ministry of Health of Russia
- Medical, social and labor rehabilitation of patients with malignant tumors after radical treatment.
- Experimental studies.
- Search for tumor markers.
- Study of natural resistance in cancer patients.
- Development of methods for determining the resistance of tumors.
- Prediction of individual sensitivity of human tumors.
- Preclinical testing of drugs for anti-tumor activity.
- Improving the organization of cancer services.
- Study of the major trends of the dynamics of the malignant neoplasms.
- Epidemiological studies.
- Development of medical and technological standards of diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
- Assessment of the medical and economic efficiency of cancer control programs.
Schedule of citizens reception by the head of medical organization and other authorized persons:
Director of P. A. Hertsen Moscow Oncology Research Centerbranch of FSBI NMRRC of the Ministry of Health of RussiaAndrei Dmitrievich Kaprin:
Mon-Fri from 9-30 to 14-00,
Tel.: +7 (495) 945-19-35 (by appointment);
First Deputy Director A.A. Kostin:
Tue-Thu from 14-00 to16-00,
Tel.: + 7 (495) 947-07-25(by appointment);
Deputy director on medical work G.S. Alekseeva:
Fri-Thu from 14-00 to 15-30,
Tel.: +7 (495) 970-31-36 (by appointment).
P. A. Hertsen Moscow Oncology Research Center - branch of FSBI NMRRC of the Ministry of Health of Russia
+7 (495) 150-11-22
+7 (495) 946-65-03
+7 (495) 921-14-35
+7 (495) 946-69-03
+7 (495) 945-88-55
+7 (495) 945-71-86
+7 (495) 945-80-20
RECEPTION OFFICE OF HEAD DOCTOR
+7 (495) 970-31-36
3 2nd Botkinsky drive, Moscow, 125284
Opening hours: from 8:30 to 17:15 (weekdays)
Hours for visiting patients in hospital: from 16:00 to 20:00 (daily)
Reception hours of doctors: from 10:00 until 15:00 (weekdays)
Hours of operation of a reception from 9:00 to 15:00
Hours Outpatient Department: 8:00 to 16:45 (weekdays)
FSBI NMRRC of the Ministry of Health of Russia
+7 (495) 945-19-35
+7 (495) 945-55-52
+7 (495) 945-68-82
+7 (495) 945-86-59
4 Korolev str., Obninsk, Kaluga region, 249036, Russian Federation
3 2nd Botkinsky drive, Moscow, 125284